From guest lists to catering options, organizing an event like a stag party requires plenty of planning and decision-making. However, one of the most crucial decisions in the party-planning process is choosing the right venue and location, as it can affect your guests’ experience and even the date of your event.
If that sounds a bit intimidating, then don’t worry. Here are our guidelines about what to consider when you’re choosing an event space for a stag party to ensure that the event is as successful as possible.
When to Start Looking
We suggest that you start looking for a venue as early as possible. Before you begin your search, however, you will need a rough idea of three factors: budget, estimated event size, and space requirements. Ideally, you should have a venue booked at least eight months in advance so that there will be ample time to plan other elements, such as an event program, ticket sales, promotion, etc.
Factors to Consider When Searching for an Event Space
You’ve likely already thought about this aspect. If you’re planning a local event, then a venue within a reasonable distance from most guests’ homes or workplaces would be best. If most guests are travelling from out of town, then a venue near the airport or easily accessible by car would be beneficial. Don’t forget to consider traffic, transportation options, and parking availability.
Type of Venue
There are many types of stag party venues to choose from. For example, community centres can be an excellent inexpensive option if you are willing to obtain your own liquor licence and manage the bar. Alternatively, banquet halls, such as Château Le Jardin in Vaughan, are a great event space option with more amenities. They will likely have staff with event-planning experience to help guide you and make the process easier.
Does the event space have a parking lot or valet parking? If not, look for parking lots nearby that your guests can access and use. If there is not any easy parking available, you may consider these alternatives:
- Reserve a nearby parking lot for your guests and include the cost in ticket prices, or have guests pay when they park.
- Negotiate with rideshare apps for discounts for your event.
- Organize carpools for guests. This could be a good chance for them to interact with each other before the event.
Capacity and Venue Minimums
Make sure to ask the venue about their capacity limit to ensure that your guests will be able to fit into the event space comfortably and without violating any fire and safety codes.
Also, keep in mind that some venues that offer food and beverages set a minimum spending amount for each event. If you estimate that your food and beverage spending will be much higher than the venue requirement, you can try to negotiate that they provide complimentary service in return.
Service and Amenities
Remember to ask the venue about the amenities and services available so you know what to expect. Here are some questions you could ask:
- Is there a kitchen, and can they provide catering? If so, the venue may be able to take care of the catering for you—another item ticked off the list! Venues without any kitchen facilities may have a partnership with a local food provider that you can use, so make sure to check their food in advance. No matter which catering option you choose, ensuring that the food tastes good is crucial for the best guest experience.
- Do they have tables and chairs that you can use? You can save a good deal of money if the venue can provide these items.
- Do they have a setup or cleanup crew? These services are not often available, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
- What kind of AV equipment do they have? Some venues have built-in audio-visual capabilities for their events, while others will require you to bring one yourself.
Ambiance and Accessibility
When visiting a venue, take special note of the interior and exterior decor. Does the ambiance match the desired feeling of your event? The more they fit, the less decorating you will have to do down the line.
Accessibility refers to the ease of access to the building and its amenities for everyone. This is an essential factor to consider if you know that there will be children, the elderly, or individuals with other special needs at your stag party.
Due to lockdown orders, many events have been postponed or cancelled in the past two years. With the great uncertainty of the ongoing pandemic, it’s best to negotiate flexible contract terms with your venue provider so that you’re protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Finding a suitable event space for a stag party can require a lot of research, from calling around to visiting halls physically in order to get a feel for them. We recommend making a list of questions before calling or visiting to ensure that you have all the information you need to make the right choice.
To learn more about how Château Le Jardin can help you find the perfect event space for your next stag party in Vaughan, call us at 289-236-2572 or send us a message here. We can’t wait to help you organize the perfect event!