Innovations in digital lighting technology offer opportunities to enhance your events. Today, more than ever, people expect to encounter digital enhancements such as lighting when attending events.
Once set aside for high-tech light displays at events such as concerts, venue lighting plays an important role in creating the right mood and atmosphere for your event. Here, we will discuss why proper lighting is an important element to improve your Vaughan banquet hall event space.
Lighting Draws Attention
Whether you are hosting a corporate event and want to draw attention to specific displays or presenters, are planning a wedding with interesting decorative touches and focal points, or holding presentations and want to add dramatic lighting for the speaker, lighting is the easiest way to draw attention to various aspects of your event.
Lighting Sets the Mood
When people walk into a Vaughan banquet hall, the lighting immediately impacts their mood. For example, if your event is all about the arts, dark lighting with hints of light in the background helps create a sophisticated, edgy feel. If it is an event where high energy is a must, then colourful lighting displays, with pulsing or laser effects, create a feeling of action and movement.
For sophisticated gatherings such as corporate events, you can include simple yet tasteful white lights to add sparkle and elevate that sense of elegance. Weddings call for soft, romantic lighting that can incorporate the theme colours of the occasion. The lighting possibilities are endless.
Create Stations and Separate Areas
Lighting can be highly effective in helping create stations and separate areas. For example, if your event catering includes a massive buffet, lights can be focused downward or placed behind each station so people know where to go. It makes serving easier as well.
You can also separate event areas such as the registration table, a lounge area, presentation areas, and booths.
You can choose a colour theme to set the tone and create a specific environment using lighting. Colour is critical for events and directly ties into developing the right mood.
One of the easiest ways to add more colour is to focus lights on existing architectural elements in the room, such as a coffered ceiling, chandeliers, pillars, and walls. You can also maintain a consistent colour “glow” to create a warming or cooling effect in the room.
Lighting With Purpose
There is a wide variety of lights you can use for specific purposes, including:
- Architectural lighting: These lights focus on the spots in the Vaughan banquet hall with aesthetic appeal, allowing you to darken areas that lack interest and focus instead on the best features in the room.
- Balloon lighting: Air-inflated light fixtures cast downward lighting in an unexpected way while also creating texture and interest. Additionally, inflatable lights are customizable to add images such as logos.
- Bliss lighting: Perfect for weddings, bliss lights are like tiny romantic stars, ideal for Vaughan banquet halls with lower ceilings. However, they can also be placed anywhere in the room to add sparkle and depth.
- Centrepiece lighting: Battery-operated lighting in your centrepieces provides a warm glow in low-lit rooms, making conversation and dining easier without taking away from the mood.
- Lekos: Also known as ellipsoidal lighting, you can use these lights to create focal points for presenters, stages, head tables, etc.
- Gobos: Gobos create customized lighting for messages, logos, images, etc., at your event. This is ideal for projecting the name of a newly married couple behind the head table. You can also use them to create pretty monotone images, such as flowers or a forest on bare walls or logos for corporate events.
- High-lit tables: This uplighting option focuses on the head table at weddings, draws attention to seating in large dining layouts, or simply adds lighting beneath tables to tie in with your colour theme.
- Glass shelves/counters: This lighting is ideal for drawing attention to food stations and bars so hungry and thirsty guests know where to get a drink or snack.
- Kinetic lights: Bringing movement into your event adds interest by using orb or tube lights that can rise and fall throughout the room.
Coordinate a Laser Show
While not suited for all events, a laser show can create an impressive display. For example, it can be used as an extravagant way to introduce everyone from the bride and groom at weddings to the keynote speaker at a techie conference.
They can also bring excitement to the dancefloor or cast logos and brand messaging at corporate events.
To add sparkle and elegance, you can hang beautiful chandeliers throughout a Vaughan banquet hall. However, technology also makes it easy to introduce LED pixel tube lights to create a customized, modern chandelier for a more futuristic feel at your event.
Change Realities and Perceptions Using 3D Tech
Projection mapping is an exciting lighting technology, allowing you to change realities and perceptions at your events. Highly customized projections can be cast on surfaces to create illusions, such as historic architectural details, an extravagant buffet, crowds on a street, and more, all using mapping technology. You can also use it to create texture on otherwise boring walls, floors, and ceilings.
Event lighting plans incorporate one, all, or a few lighting methods based on your ideas and objectives. A lighting expert can assess the space, consider your event, and help devise a lighting plan to achieve the look and atmosphere you desire.
Today, event lighting considers the gathering’s purpose to create a customized lighting strategy. As a result, lighting plays a significant role in your venue decor scheme. You can completely transform even the most boring Vaughan banquet hall into something modern, edgy and high-tech, sophisticated and chic or intimate and cozy.
Event lighting allows you to make the most of any Vaughan banquet hall or venue, creating the perfect atmosphere for your guests.