Whether you’re planning a wedding, a corporate event, a 50th birthday party, or a stag and doe, your special occasions call for the right venue. Many event planners today use outdoor event venues in Mississauga during the winter, spring, summer, and fall!
In this article, we will discuss and compare indoor versus outdoor venues with our list of pros and cons for each.
Outdoor Venue: Pros and Cons
Outdoor events can be wonderful, but there are many factors to consider, including the following:
The Pros of the Outdoor Event Venue in Mississauga
- Nature: Being outdoors brings everyone closer to nature. There’s plenty of fresh air and natural surroundings, such as trees, gardens, and lush lawns, which create an authentic backdrop that is soothing and welcoming.
- Saves on decor: Because of the natural backdrop of outdoor events, you can save quite a bit on decor. Again, nature takes the reins, with everything already in place. A few touches here and there are all it takes to help make the theme of your event clear.
- Activities: There are lots of fun activities you can introduce for outdoor events, especially when you have a vast, open space. This can help reduce the risk of boredom with an assortment of activities that appeal to a broader range of guests.
- Openness: You can spread things out a little more to make people feel less crowded, such as placing tables further apart or introducing different serving stations to reduce congestion when serving food and drinks.
- Photo ops: Natural settings offer the opportunity for lovely photos, which is essential for events such as weddings, christenings, proms and graduation parties, and anniversary parties.
The Cons of the Outdoor Event Venue in Mississauga
- Nature: Although we list nature as a pro, it can also be a con. For example, in the summer, plenty of bugs can make things less pleasant for guests. The sun beating down on guests during a wedding ceremony can also be annoying, as can high winds that whip up veils, dishevel hair, and make it harder to hear vows or event announcements and speeches.
- Harder to book in the summer: Outdoor events are, of course, popular in the summer months. As a result, you might miss out on getting the venue you prefer if you don’t plan well in advance.
- Weather: Rain in the summer; snow in the winter. Need we say more?
- Decor challenges: Although you can save money on decor, if you want to create a particular ambiance or introduce a specific theme, it can take more effort at outdoor venues.
- Terrain: Outdoor terrains can be harder to navigate for older guests or those with mobility issues. Without clear paths, guests might face uneven lawns, mud, puddles, etc. You also might contend with issues like fashionable heels sinking into those picturesque lush lawns.
- Allergies: Many people suffer from allergies at certain times of the year. Outdoor events expose guests to all kinds of pollen and other allergens that can make it challenging to get into the spirit of things.
- Heat: Ontario is known for infamous heat waves that can really take the energy out of outdoor events. It also puts some people at risk, especially older attendees.
- Unreliable tech and power: You are more likely to encounter issues with tech access and power hookups, which can interfere with speeches, lighting, entertainment, and more.
Indoor Venue: Pros and Cons
That brings us to indoor venues. Indoor event venues in Mississauga come in all sizes and types, each with its own set of pros and cons:
The Pros of the Indoor Event Venue in Mississauga
- You set the ambiance: Indoor event venues allow you to create an atmosphere that suits your theme and design scheme. In many cases, you have complete flexibility to bring in the decor you wish, from floral arrangements to furniture and lighting to signage and backdrops.
- Controlled climate: You never have to worry about guest comfort because the indoor venue is climate controlled. Guests are warm in the cooler months and cool in the warmer months.
- Pest-free: Guests never have to worry about swatting away bugs that bite during cocktails, ceremonies, and speeches, and swarm while they’re trying to enjoy a first-class meal.
- Reliable tech and power: You can depend on the ability and technology to work with solid connections onsite. Speeches, presentations, special lighting effects, and entertainment will go off without a hitch.
The Cons of the Indoor Event Venue in Mississauga
- Harder to book: Indoor event venues tend to book up more quickly. This is because they are in higher demand, especially in the off-season when iffy weather makes outdoor venues less dependable. As a result, you need to plan ahead to ensure you get the venue you desire.
- Stricter capacity limits: Indoor events have capacity limits, making finding a venue for larger events difficult. Also, if you’re planning a smaller wedding, some venues hesitate to rent out their space with fewer guests because they’re losing money.
- Missing out on sunshine: When the sun is shining in the summer, people might wish they were out enjoying the sun. Since summers are short in Canada, the thought of being locked up inside when the weather is glorious can make people suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out)!
Time of Year
Consider the time of year and how weather will impact your event. Heated tents, outdoor fireplaces and heaters, and the beauty of the seasons all offer opportunities to plan successful outdoor events. Some considerations include the following:
- Winter: Winter outdoor events such as weddings can be magical, especially when there’s snow. However, a snowstorm is a different story that can cancel your event if an indoor alternative is unavailable.
- Summer: Heat waves and extreme rainstorms are the worries for the summer, but idyllic summer weather makes your outdoor event very attractive.
- Fall: Warmer falls and stunning fall colours can make the fall outdoor event highly desirable. Again, though, rain can put a damper on things.
- Spring: Spring is highly unpredictable, but the idea of gardens blooming with tulips and daffodils or with a forest of cherry blossoms can make the perfect backdrop. However, the risk of rain is very high.
Finding a venue with both indoor and outdoor space is ideal. Fortunately, Château Le Jardin offers the best of both worlds.
You won’t need to worry about bad weather, yet when the weather is fine, guests can step outside to a private courtyard to take photos, sip cocktails, nibble on appetizers, or get a breath of fresh air. Click here to learn more, or contact us online for additional information.